Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Final Attempt At Homemade Salsa

We DID it!

From Travis today, unsolicited, "You know, I'm not much of a salsa fan and I LOVE this."  This is HUGE!  He said it was the perfect texture and the right amount of heat.  I'm the only one that likes it spicy, so I just add ghost pepper flakes to my portion when eating it.  For everyone else, this is IT!

Homemade Salsa


28 oz can whole tomatoes (we use San Marzano brand...good quality.  Hunts with no added salt is great, too)
2 Serrano peppers, cut off stem, cut in half (OR) 1 Serrano pepper and 10 slices jalapeno from a jar
1 fresh garlic clove
1 whole white onion, 4-5" in diameter, cut in fourths
Juice of one lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all in blender.  Serve with chips.

The big difference is the fresh garlic and the white onion (not yellow).  I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand it.

We decided to do a monthly cooking day with our friend, Sandy.  We are going to can this salsa.  Sorry stores.  I will never buy salsa again.

SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!

Using the same photo.  It has always looked the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment