Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Best Roast EVER

I exaggerate a LOT.  But seriously, this is so good.  I told our friend, Paige, that I would post this for her.  But ALL of you need to try this!

Best Roast Ever


1 can Dr. Pepper (can use Coke or Pepsi, but NOT diet)
Roast (6-8 lbs) – Beef or Venison or Pork
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp dried basil
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp of minced garlic (I use garlic from the jar)
1 cup ketchup
1 more can Dr. Pepper on top
Optional Veggies:  potatoes, carrots, celery, onion.  Or without the veggies, you can make this into pulled pork style for sandwiches – whichever you choose.  We like it best with the veggies because of the sauce.  Yet, the "pulled pork" way is the so good left over.  I call it "pulled critter" since we mostly use elk or deer.  See?  Best ever. 
  1. In crock pot, add the ingredients in the order listed.
  2. If frozen roast, cook on high for 6-8 hours.
  3. If not frozen, cook on low for 3-4 hours (I think – I’ve never thawed one out to test it).
  4. The meat will be tender, well done, and the veggies will be soft.
  5. Remove meat from crock pot and slice.  Serve with sauce and veggies.  
  6. If using as pulled meat, remove meat from crock pot and shred.
  7. Put back in crock pot and add BBQ sauce of choice.  Cook on low for 30-60 minutes to warm the sauce and meat together.

1 comment: